Tuesday, April 28, 2009

God's Boxes - A Time for Reflection

I have in my hands two boxes which God gave me to hold.

He said, 'Put all your sorrows in the black box and all your joys in the gold.'


I heeded His words, and in the two boxes,

Both my joys and sorrows I stored,

But though the gold became heavier each day,

The black was as light as before.

With curiosity, I opened the black,

I wanted to find out why,

And I saw, in the base of the box, a hole,

Which my sorrows had fallen out by.

I showed the hole to God, and mused,

'I wonder where my sorrows could be!'

He smiled a gentle smile and said,

'My child, they're all here with me..'

I asked God, why He gave me the boxes,

Why the gold and the black with the hole?

'My child, the gold is for you to count your blessings & the black is for you to let go.'


*Things to Ponder*

Always try to help a friend in need

Believe in yourself

Be brave...but it's ok to be afraid sometimes

Study hard

Give lots of kisses

Laugh often

Don't be overly concerned with your weight, it's just a number

Always try to see the glass half full

Meet new people, even if they look different to you

Remain calm, even when it seems hopeless

Take lots of naps..

Be weird whenever you have the chance

Love your friends, no matter who they are

Don't waste food

RELAX

Take an occasional risk

Try to have a little fun each day.
...it's important

Work together as a team

Share a joke with friends

Fall in love with someone..

...and say 'I love you' often

Express yourself creatively

Be conscious of your appearance

Always be up for surprises

Love someone with all of your heart

Share with friends

Watch your step

It will get better

There is always someone who loves you more than you know

Exercise to keep fit

Live up to your name

Seize the Moment

Hold on to good friends; they are few and far between

Indulge in the things you truly love

Cherish every Sunday

At the end of the day... PRAY

....... and close your eyes

And smile at least once a day!






5 comments:

  1. taasa pod ani nga post oi. hangak kau basahon

    ReplyDelete
  2. eheeheh.. galing nmn... tama tung post mo.. inspirational... naks.. tnx for sharing.. hopefully.. madami maka realized netu.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jigs: haha mao man...taas murag lyf story ni batman..nyahaha

    @Eyprille: ur welcome cay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi cob.. nice no? naa sad ko ana! hhehehehehehehhee....

    http://freebby.blogspot.com/2008/06/i-have-in-my-hands-two-boxes-which-god.html

    ala lng.. pang visitor lng. hekhek

    emo mode diay ka ha. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. a really inspirational entry....keep up and thanks for sharing...hope na na-inspire din cla. :)...count me in sa list ng na-inspired...;)

    ReplyDelete

Just want to let you know that from now on this blog is using "do-follow". Comment Love is enabled...

so i am moderating any comment, it can be displayed upon approval...

cheers. ^_~

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape